Efficiency Project Cuts Energy Costs $70,000
This is the second energy efficiency project at Central Cold Storage, which processes, packages and stores frozen fruit and vegetables. The completed energy efficiency project included:
- Installation of energy-efficient vestibule air-lock freezer doors.
- Conversion of floor heating to hot gas by installing a heat exchanger to supply heat from compressed refrigerant vapor.
- Installation of autopurge system designed to optimize condenser performance.
- Installation of refrigeration energy management and control system to implement optimum compressor sequencing, suction pressure setbacks and optimize system head pressure.
- Addition of a larger condenser.
- Installation of state-mandated monitoring equipment.
More than $100,000 in incentives has been reserved to offset project costs.