Characteristics of the Steel-Cone-and-Rubber-Membrane Check Valve
July 25, 2008
The steel-cone-and-rubber-membrane check valve is designed to provide efficient backflow prevention of liquid and gaseous media in a range of process cooling and heating applications. The valve does not have movable parts and consists only of two components - a perforated stainless steel cone and a rubber membrane.
Characteristics of the valve include:
- The ability to achieve a tight shutoff under minimum
- The ability to shut securely even when impurities such as sand are
- Almost noiseless with no hammering.
- Low cracking pressure.
- No movable, prone-to-wear parts (low in maintenance, long-lasting).
- The ability to shut in media in which mechanical valves stick.
- Good chemical and corrosion resistance.
- Easy installation, even in retrofits (between flanges).
- The ability to function simultaneously as a filter, thereby protecting
pumps and other components.
- Secure flow monitoring (eliminates measuring errors due to recoil).
- The ability to operate in any direction.