Scheduled for November 17-19, 2009, at New York’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, the 53rd edition of the Chem Show will focus on sustainable and green process solutions. As a result, several new solution-focused features will be seen at the re-branded show, which is being dubbed “The New Chem Show: Processing Solutions for a Changing Marketplace.”
The show will address two main challenges affecting industry: global competition, which is driving the need for greater efficiency, and environmental concerns, which are pushing companies toward greener and sustainable operations. Toward that goal, the trade show will concentrate on five core processing areas:
- Process controls and automation solutions.
- Optimizing process efficiency.
- Water/wastewater treatment.
- Emerging technologies.
- Efficient powder processing.
- Exhibitor workshop program encompassing educational workshops and product demonstrations.
- A web-based buyer-connect program designed to match buyer needs with specific product solutions in face-to-face meetings with the manufacturers.
- A new products showcase in a special section of the trade show floor.
- A web-based portal that will serve as an information resource for the chemical processing industry.