Proper selection of a cooling fan requires certain knowledge about the application, according to Cincinnati Fan's web site. When purchasing the equipment, consider the following:
- The airflow (cfm) required to reduce the temperature to the desired maximum level.
- The pressure drop through the internal components.
- Whether there will be other optional equipment such as filters that could impact fan performance.
- How far the fan will be from the heat source.
- How the fan or blower will be mounted.
- The ambient air temperature in which the fan or blower will be working.
- Any other special considerations.