In a new position document, international organization ASHRAE outlined its support for research, assessment and strategic growth in the use of natural refrigerants such as ammonia, carbon dioxide, hydrocarbons, air and water in refrigeration systems and technologies. ASHRAE's position statement about natural refrigerants can be read at the Atlanta-based organization's web site.In the position statement, ASHRAE outlines its commitment to the:
- Application of natural refrigerants.
- Development of strategic relationships to advance natural refrigerants.
- Consideration of natural refrigerants in existing and new guidelines, codes and standards.
- Provision of guidance and education to policy makers and the public.
- Creation and dissemination of methods and tools for environmental assessment of refrigeration systems.
- Dissemination of technical information about natural refrigerants.