Instrumentation Tools Include Reference Documents
July 16, 2009
The "Support Tools" section of the web site from Toronto-based Winters Instruments includes information intended to simplify the job of selecting, using and maintaining instrumentation. Among the topics covered are the criteria to consider when selecting instrumentation; how each group of products operates; a visual parts library; frequently asked questions and common terminology. Some of the topics covered in Winters' "Support Tools are:
- The five basic types of industrial thermometers.
- What thermowells are and when they are necessary.
- How to choose a pressure transmitter range.
- Environmental and application-specific considerations when choosing a gauge.
- Types of gauge internals and how they work.
- How a pressure switch works and factors that may extend its service life.
- Types of diaphragm seal materials and fill fluid specifications.
This library can be accessed via clicking on the "Support Tools" logo on the company's web site.