A CIO2system is an effective water treatment alternative under the following circumstances:
- Cooling systems with high levels of pH
where other oxidizing biocides are not effective.
- Systems where biofilm removal can account for a significant
increase in efficiency and decrease in energy costs.
- Systems with high biofilm recovery rates where high
levels of chemicals need to be injected to control biofilm growth and removal.
- Systems where local regulations prevent the
disposal of byproducts into the environment.
- Systems with rigorous safety regulations and
possible Legionella or bacteria contamination.
- Systems where traditional water treatment methods are inefficient.