Earlier this year, Connor gave a presentation, “Dispelling the Myths of Heat Transfer Fluids,” at AHR in Chicago, that used the wish list as a jumping off point for his discussion. After calling plain water a “near perfect fluid” but one with drawbacks, such as freezing at 32°F (0°C), Connor presented his list of fluid wishes.
- Effective freeze protection.
- Freezing point below -40°F (-40°C).
- Efficient heat transfer over broad temperature range.
- 0 to 250°F (15 to 125°C).
- No harmful effects (health, safety, environment).
- Nontoxic, nonflammable, environmentally benign.
- Noncorrosive and nondestructive to materials.
- 20-plus years of fluid life.
- Low cost.
- Low power consumption, low capital cost, low maintenance.
Report Abusive Comment