The company explores the advantages and benefits from sidestream filters in an article on its website, noting that the process is a proven method to help manage water issues surrounding cooling. U.S. Water says sidestream filtration can benefit a water system through:
- Reduced corrosion rates.
- Increased equipment life.
- Better system efficiency.
- Reduced maintenance costs.
- Better chemical control.
- Is the primary makeup from an unclarified
water source (river, sewage treatment, etc.) that is high in suspended solids
- Is the system having a difficult biological problem
even though a good biocide program is in effect?
- Are heat exchangers opening dirty even though a
good anti-fouling program is in use?
- Can excessive corrosion rates be traced to fouling?
- Is loss of heat transfer attributed to deposition
rather than corrosion?
- Are high levels of solids building up in the sump?
- Do heat exchangers require frequent mechanical cleanings?