Interactive “counters” that document the amount of water, energy and air savings for users of Nalco technologies is available on the Naperville, Ill., company’s website. Nalco says it developed its eROI Web Counter so its customers can quantify the impact that Nalco technologies have on customers.
Counters are located on the landing pages for the following systems:
- 3D Trasar technology for cooling water at
- Pareto mixing technology at
- HVAC performance services at www.nalco.com/services/hvac-performance-services.htm.
- Water savings is measured in people. The
number of people saved is calculated by U.S. domestic fresh water consumption
per capita (25,295 gal equals one person), according to the American Water
Works Association Water Use Statistics.
- Energy savings is measured in households. The
number of households saved is calculated by energy consumption per average U.S.
household per year (27,812 kWh equals one household), according to the U.S.
Energy Information Administration Average Consumption by Energy Uses, 2005.
- Air savings is measured in trees. The number of trees saved is calculated by pounds of CO2 compared to trees planted, according to www.epa.gov/cleanenergy/energy-resources/calculator.html.