Hansen Technologies introduces the MVP13 valve station to the MVP Multi-Valve Platform product line. The MVP13 offers the enhanced control functionality of a solenoid or pulse-width expansion valve in a minimized, lightweight valve body. It ships pre-tested and assembled for quick and easy installation, requiring only two welds to complete most valve station applications. No disassembly is required.
The rugged, compact MVP13 has a 1⁄2" (1 3mm) port size and is configured using standard Hansen parts and parts kits, saving you time and money on installation and training.
The MVP13 with solenoid valve option is well suited for applications including liquid make-up feed to vessel, liquid overfeed to evaporators, hot gas defrost to evaporators and purge points.
The MVP13 with Pulse Width Expansion (PXV) option is for modulating liquid feed to an evaporator or chiller, liquid make-up to small surge vessels, liquid injection to compressors and wherever a thermal expansion valve would be used.
Up to six separate functions are possible: shut-off valve, strainer, control valve (solenoid/pulse width), check, hand expansion and shut-off valve.
Installed cost savings is a huge advantage of the MVP13. Faster installation coupled with less pipe cutting, welding, assembly time, insulation and freight equals reduced cost. In addition, the compact valve body saves installation space. The MVP13 includes one 1/4" NPT pressure tap to measure pressure at the inlet of the control position, as well as a 1/2" NPT side connection.
Features of the MVP13 include:
· Suitable for all Hansen-approved refrigerants, including ammonia, R134a, R404, R507 and CO2
· Four to six control functions in one
· PXV adjustable capacity stem (5 to 60 nominal tons of ammonia)
· Manual opening function standard on solenoid and pulse width valves
· Full-size standard 100 mesh strainer
· All stop valve stems are in vertical up position
· Simple, identifiable configuration
· Eliminates ?ange gasket leak potential