Six technical divisions of the International Society of Automation will work together to present a conference program for the 2014 Process Control & Safety Symposium focused on helping process measurement and control professionals in the process industries operate more safely and securely.
Planned for October 7-9 in Orlando, the symposium will focus on how everyday decisions can have significant downstream results — both positively and negatively — on plant safety and security as well as on key quality and efficiency metrics.
- During the event, attendees can:
- Learn about the process control developments, trends and technologies.
- Network with committee members for two ISA standards: ISA84, Functional Safety: Safety Instrumented Systems for the Process Industry Sector, and ISA99, Industrial Automation and Control Systems Security.
- Get updates and insights on industrial cybersecurity.
- In addition to the conference program, ISA will offer four security and safety courses on October 6. The four courses are:
- Introduction to the management of alarm systems.
- Introduction to industrial automation security and the ANSI/ISA99 (IEC 62443) standards.
- Introduction to safety instrumented systems.
- Industrial wireless systems.
In addition, companies serving the oil and gas, chemical, petrochemical and related markets will present and demonstrate their products and services at the exhibit component of the symposium. Technologies to be on display include control systems, SCADA communications, data management instrumentation, sensors, peripherals, process and and functional safety devices.
To view the entire conference agenda online, visit here, and click on the Program tab.