Updated Plastic Piping Standard Means Changes for HDPE Piping Users
A comprehensive update to the American Water Works Association (AWWA) C906 standard may affect users of HDPE piping.
The C906-15 update includes enhanced performance high-density polyethylene (HDPE) resins — PE4710 — that improve the durability and reliability of HDPE pressure pipe used in industrial and municipal water and wastewater systems.
Updates in C906-15 include:
- Zero-leakage allowance for improved water supply and water conservation.
- Improved durability of resin.
- Higher pressure class (up to 335 psi).
- Larger internal diameter and increased flow capacity.
- Enhanced surge capacity and fatigue life.
- Covers additional sizes (up to 65” in diameter).
For additional information, go to www.plasticpipe.org