The AHR Expo Innovation Awards is an annual competition that honors the most inventive and original products, systems and technologies showcased at each year’s AHR Expo. Products go head-to-head in the following categories: building automation; cooling; green building; heating; indoor air quality; plumbing; refrigeration; software; tools & instruments; and ventilation.
Winners were selected by a panel of third-party ASHRAE member judges who evaluate all award entries based on innovative design, creativity, application, value and market impact.
- Building automation: Setra Systems Inc., Setra FLEX
- Cooling: Emerson, Copeland Scroll
- Green building: Danfoss, Turbocor TTH/TGH high-lift compressors
- Heating: Calefactio, The ONE (3-in-1 expansion tank, air separator and dirt separator)
- Indoor air quality: Spartan Bioscience, Spartan Legionella detection system
- Plumbing: AquaMotion Inc., AquaMotion Aqua-Flash under-sink hot water recirculation system
- Refrigeration: Chemours, Opteon XP44 refrigerant
- Software: Regal, Browning Toolbox Technician motor efficiency calculator
- Tools & instruments: Fluke Corp., Fluke T6 electrical tester
- Ventilation: Triatek, Stable Vortex II fume hood
The 2018 award winners will be recognized during the 2018 AHR Expo, which takes place January 22-24 in Chicago.