Air, Water Cooling Focus of Two Key Events
While summer typically is the season of family trips to national monuments, lazy days at the beach and camping, winter is tradeshow season. There’s still time to make plans to attend to AHR Expo and the annual conference of Cooling Technology Institute.
Returning to Chicago, AHR Expo is a three-day exposition that attracts more than 2,000 exhibiting companies showing every kind of air conditioning, heating and refrigeration system known to man. Though much of the equipment on display is designed for comfort cooling, commercial and residential applications, spread across the aisles are technologies intended for industrial process applications. Recognizing that the scale of the show precludes any one person speaking with every exhibitor, the show organizers have developed a robust exhibitor search on their website at www.ahrexpo.com. If you’re heading to AHR Expo on January 22-24, look for Process Cooling in Booth 4829, alongside other publications from BNP Media.
By contrast to the wide focus of AHR, the annual meeting of Cooling Technology Institute concentrates on industrial water cooling. Technical presentations primarily focus on issues related to evaporative heat transfer such as cooling towers and cooling water treatment. The event will be held February 5-8 at in Houston. The conference program includes a concurrent technical session schedule, where two technical sessions will run simultaneously. Topics include:
- Methods of treating a biofilm.
- Determining the service life of wood-framed cooling towers.
- Evaluating the structural behavior of cooling towers.
- Corrosion monitoring in cooling water systems.
- Problems and risks associated with the use of reuse water in an oil refinery.
- Underwater robotic technology for online tower basin cleaning.
- A case study highlighting the legal, mechanical and microbiological factors of the Gross v. Baltimore Aircoil, et al, case.
- Legionella litigation and how cases are won and lost at the microbial level.
Also during the conference, CTI will host an ask-the-expert session, an owner-operator session and a tabletop exhibition. On the final day, the educational session looks at cooling tower system fundamentals; a patient’s perspective of Legionnaire’s disease; and EPRI research on cooling system technologies.