Industrial Refrigeration Consortium Set for May
The 2019 R&T Forum will be held at the Pyle Center on the campus of the University of Wisconsin in Madison. The annual training meeting of the Industrial Refrigeration Consortium, planned for May 8-9, includes an agenda that explores ways to improve industrial ammonia refrigeration systems.
Among the planned sessions are:
- Fernie Memorial Ice Arena: What happened and what did we learn?
- Pressure vessel fabrication practices.
- Dealing with fugitive emissions.
- Compressor oil carryover: causes and impacts.
- Effects of backpressure on pressure-relief valves.
- Thermal energy storage for cold storage warehouses.
- Regulatory updates, including EPA RMP rule changes and IIAR RAGAGEP.
The IRC is a partnership between the University of Wisconsin-Madison and industry. It seeks to improve the safety, efficiency and productivity of industrial refrigeration systems and technologies. Participating organizations include refrigeration end-users, regulatory agencies and energy service providers. To learn more and to register for the forum, visit www.irc.wisc.edu.