Report: Top Thermal Design Priorities Include Cooling
The top design priorities of thermal engineers in the IT equipment industry include cooling, according to a report by 6SigmaET. The engineering simulation software company surveyed more than 250 design engineers in the electronics cooling market to identify key trends shaping IT electronics in 2019.
According to 6SigmaET, primary concerns center around artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things (IoT), 5G and edge computing. The trends are driving thermal design priorities, including:
- The need for hybrid cooling to cope with new IoT environments.
- Remote monitoring of cooling systems in edge-computing devices.
- More accurate monitoring and simulation of energy use in data centers.
- Thermal cooling solutions for 5G base stations and new AI hardware.
- Tools that can accurately simulate these new technologies and environments.
Conducted as a digital roundtable event by Future Facilities, the research will be used by 6SigmaET to develop user-centric thermal simulation tools for the electronics cooling market. Click here to download a copy of the report.