In this episode of the “Chill Out” podcast, Process Cooling editor Linda Becker speaks with Andrew Pansulla of the Chemours Co. about using refrigerants for process cooling.
- First, some basics: What is your role at Chemours, and what industries does Chemours serve? [0:27]
- How do you specifically support the industrial refrigeration industry? [2:05]
- What are some of the top challenges you feel the industrial refrigeration industry currently is facing? [3:19]
- What do you see as major challenges 3-5 years from now? [5:06]
- How can a facility gauge if it’s better to retrofit or completely replace equipment? [7:00]
- What are strong refrigerant options for retrofits—and what are their benefits over legacy refrigerants? [8:10]
- What refrigerants are being used in new equipment and why? [10:36]
- How large a role will national regulations and global sustainability initiatives continue to play for this industry? [15:03]
- What do you see up ahead in terms of next-generation refrigerant innovations for the evolving needs of the industry? [19:42]
- Here is a question I like to ask all my guests: If you were sitting next to a leading expert in your field right now, what would you ask them? [21:42]
- Any final thoughts about your article? [23:25]
Listen to the Podcast:
To read Andrew’s full article on “Designing Your Refrigerant Management Plan,” click here.
Process Cooling is focused on helping those working with industrial process cooling and refrigeration equipment get a better handle on their processes, and on the industrial equipment used in those manufacturing processes. Turn to www.process-cooling.com any time or subscribe to our eMagazine, Process Heating & Cooling, to get in-depth industrially focused thermal content right in your inbox.
To listen to other podcasts in this series, visit Process Cooling's podcast page.