On Demand until August 11, 2016
Time: 02:00 PM ET
An operator of a refrigerated warehouse in the southern United States failed to understand the risks that hydraulic shock presented in its ammonia refrigeration system — or to train its employees how to appropriately modify the control sequence after an unintended interruption of service. More than 150 people were exposed to the ammonia release that resulted.
A natural refrigerant, ammonia is an effective component of many industrial refrigeration systems. However, operators andengineers that work with ammonia must know how to operate and maintain their industrial equipment to ensure safety, reliability and efficiency. Fill your knowledge gaps with this one-hour tightly focused ammonia-safety webinar.
Ask the ammonia expert your questions and get his answers — live. As an ammonia system user, building engineer or maintenance engineer, you will learn practical information that could save your life, your equipment or your facility.
You will learn:
- Hydraulic shock and why trapped liquid is so dangerous
- Do’s and don’ts for an emergency shutdown during a release
- Common pitfalls and tips for avoiding them
- The basics of the Ammonia One Plan, a template for the response, emergency action and evacuation plans required by various regulations
- Practical application and development guidance for EPCRA as well as PSM/RMP
Can't attend live? Register to view the webinar on-demand!